Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Our First Challenge: Vacation

Tomorrow the family heads out for a 10 day vacation to visit family in Colorado. And I'm facing a dilemma - to bring the studies or not to bring the studies. My desire is to bring the studies with, as the kids act amazingly better when they have school in their day, and some semblance of routine. The other half of me says..."It is vacation. Let them vacate too." And they will, as schooling really is only 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours a day.

I think the schooling argument in my head has won. So I'm packing up our school work. I've printed up maps for them to follow as we fly out (they love maps). And we'll be going bonkers with Nature Study as grandma and grandpa own an alpaca farm, with at least four young cria on the ground to watch frollick, and kitties in the barn. Plus, the grandparents bought a boat, so "Hello, Freshwater Fish nature study!" We'll see how the whole thing goes.

Perhaps the more accurate question is, "Can Amorette stay focused for an hour teaching the kids, when those beautiful Rocky Mountains are calling my name?!"

No comments: