Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Dawn Of A New Game

I've been searching for a way to nonchalantly introduce Grace to the paintings and the titles of Degas' work using a Montessori angle. Today, I figured it out. A hearty game of Degas' Memory. Using 2 sets of Degas stickers I purchased from Dover Publications and pressing them onto 2in x 3in. wooden rectangles I purchased from WoodWorks Etc. I instantly had what I wanted. There are 16 pairs of paintings.

Going into this I knew my 5 year old was a worthy opponent. All parents know that the one game their kids can fairly beat them in is usually a decent game of memory.Once it was ready, (takes minutes to put together), Grace and I were off in a heated challenge. She took to it like bread on butter and fairly beat me in a 3 game match. After which she was rewarded with what we affectionately call a "tickle hug".

No comments: